Omega Flightmaster Jumbo Jet. The first Flightmaster was introduced in 1969 to appeal to pilots. Flightmasters are 44m huge hunk of steel that look like the intake of a jet engine. It has a blue 12-hour hand that can be adjusted independently to show another time zone.
This model, the 911, was worn by cosmonaut Alexei Leonov during the Apollo Soyuz mission. 911 movements are based on the excellent Lemania-made caliber 861 from the Speedmaster.
911 Flightmasters with original dial will appreciate over time. If you see SWISS MADE below the 6:00 sub-dial, rather than T SWISS MADE T, you know it has been replaced. This vintage watch still retains its original T SWISS MADE T dial.
- Year: Circa 1970's
- Dial: Original T Swiss Made T dial with Chronograph
- Movement: Flightmaster 911
- Case diameter: 44mm (excludes crown)
- Crown: Omega-signed crown
- Caseback: Stainless steel with Omega Flightmaster logo
- Band: Omega stainless steel bracelet fitting up to 16.5cm
- Box & papers: Not available
- Warranty: 12 months in-house warranty
- SKU: +139/w