Tag Heuer S/el Series Vintage Watch
The name “S/el” derives from “Sports Elegance”. The S/el series was initially launched in late 1980's as a quartz-only range, with the 3-hand watch taking centre stage. There were three sizes offered (Men’s, Mid-size and Ladies) and various dial options. There were stainless steel cases, combination Steel & plated gold and rare black chromium and Gold models. Ours is the ladies' gold plated model.
Around 1990 the S/el dials were updated slightly, adding “Professional” to the dial. This watch is part of the earlier dials from late 1980s, and would only have “200 Meters”.
- Ref: S94.708
- Year: Circa late 1980's.
- Dial: Ivory with "Mercedes" hands
- Movement: Quartz
- Crystal: Sapphire crystal
- Bezel type: Gold plated with saw-tooth finish
- Case: Gold plated case with stainless steel caseback
- Case diameter: 24mm (excludes crown)
- Lug to lug: 28mm
- Case thickness: 9mm
- Crown: Original Tag Heuer-signed screw-in crown
- Bracelet: The defining feature of the S/el series. Easily distinguishable from a distance and comfortable to wear, each large chunky link are made up of two curved ingots. Double safety clasp bracelet. Fits up to 14cm. Please note this is very small as the previous owner has very slim wrist.
- Box & papers: No longer available.
- SKU: JM-1012
- Warranty: 12 months in-house warranty